Some people are naturally grateful. But most of us need to work on developing an “Attitude of Gratitude”
Here are a few tips:
1. Start a gratitude journal.
2. Encourage your family to share what they are grateful for around the dinner table.
3. Count your blessings. Name them one by one. (Yes, I got this one from the chorus 😉 ).
4. Write thank you notes to everyone who gives you a gift or free service.
5. Thank God in silent prayer whenever you receive a gift. Remember that all good and perfect gifts come from God. (James 1:17)
6. Remind yourself and those around you how much they have to be thankful for.
7. Take time to savour the many simple blessings around you. We often forget to stop and smell the roses.
8. Praise God daily for his marvelous works. Take time to notice the beautiful sunrises and sunsets; and everything wonderful in-between.
Remember the reason:
“give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” (1 Thessalonians 5:18)