With New Year’s day quickly approaching, thoughts about New Year’s Resolutions are almost automatic. There is just something about the start of a new year that gives us the feeling of a fresh start and a new beginning.
This year I’ve decided to take my time to compile a list of things that I would like to change or improve on in my own life.
Here goes… (In no particular order)
1. Speak less and listen more. Someone once said “God gave us two ears and one mouth, so we can listen more and speak less” . I like the verse in Proverbs which reads : “Whoever keeps his mouth and his tongue keeps himself out of trouble.” – Proverbs 21:23
2. Memorize my favourite Psalm – Psalm 139
3. Write more.. Post more articles to my blog and add more paragraphs to my book.
4. Save more. This is not always easy, considering our economic climate, and my personal circumstances, but I would like to save/ invest for a ‘rainy day’.
5. Love more. That sounds simple I know, but in reality it is something which takes some thought and practice. It’s easy to love your own family and close friends. But what about those who don’t particularly like you? In my case I want to love more. Love even those who are particularly nasty to me. To be honest, I don’t know how to do this. However, with God’s help, I hope to do this, this year.
6. Spend more quality time with my children.
7. Travel – This is more a desire than a ‘resolution’. My last overseas trip was to India in 2011. Now 2011 seems like a lifetime ago!! My heart longs to travel. I’m organizing a group tour to Israel in September 2014. Click on “Travel” on this blog to learn more. Perhaps you would be interested in joining me.
I’m going to stop at 7. Why seven (7) ? Well, According to Biblical Numerology, the number 7 is very significant. It stands for ‘spiritual perfection’. Seven days in a week. Seven colours in the spectrum, 7 trumpets, 7 parables in Matthew, and 7 promises to the churches. Okay dokes, that’s actually another blog .. Well, I hope you like my list. Do you have a New Year’s Resolution? Please share with me.